It's day number 4 since the day I planted the seeds. All this while, the seeds are put under the roof in the garage. The sunlight they see is from the surrounding area, not direct sunlight. So, on this fourth day, I let them out to bathe in bright and "yummy" afternoon sunlight.
 |
| They look happy. Or so I think. |
There have been a lot of activities in the pots since day 2. Most of the seeds have sprouted beautifully with two oval leaves. Their stalks are growing taller and taller each day. The instructions on the seed packet state that the flowers need a lot of sunlight to thrive. They recommend something called a flower booster and foliage booster to increase the flower number and speed up the growth respectively. I prefer not to use any artificial nutrients because I want to see how well the seeds thrive in a semi-natural condition.
(N.B.: I called it semi-natural because it involves manual watering, which is, strictly speaking, not natural.)
I also notice something called
phototropism. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo to show. What I noticed is that the stalks grew towards the
outside of the garage. Basic science taught us that plants tend to grow towards the sunlight, and it is evidently shown in my case. The garage is filled with sunlight from each side, hence by putting the pots on the inner side of the garage, they will grow towards the outside. Now most of my plants are slanted to a direction, which I always frown upon. I want them to grow straight up.
Nature is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.