Friday, May 23, 2014

Betty, still grounded

When my brother asked me if I want his JR transmitter few weeks ago, I happily agreed. My Betty has not left the ground for maybe more than a year now. I thought it is time she flies again.

Higher expectation leads to greater disappointment. After I successfully bound the transmitter with Betty, I realized that I had selected the wrong model. Model 1 is my brother's Blade 400, whereas my Betty is model 6. I spent the whole afternoon today sorting this out. Somehow the settings kept reverting back to default. I changed the model to number 6, turned off and on the transmitter, and yet model 1 kept showing up in the display every time.

I searched the Internet many times without finding any relevant result. The only similar issue I found was regarding the JR X9303, the predecessor of my brother's X9503. Some people commented that a resistor is burnt inside the transmitter. Well, I am not going to pry it open to check. That would void the warranty.
Betty sitting on top of the transmitter.
In any case, poor Betty is not going to fly anytime soon now. I thought it is time she flies again. I am disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.