Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 2: Sprouting Gracefully

In the previous post, I said that a weekly update on this subject should be sufficient. Well, I didn't expect to update this after such a short time. On May 17, I woke up to see this.
Snapshot of Day 2
Initially I have an idea of setting a different condition for each pot. I only planted one seed in each pot, except the green pot, which I put in four seeds. Then my father advised me to put in multiple seeds to increase the chance of germination and also increase the amount of dirt. After digging up and planting them many times, I don't specifically remember how many seeds each pot contains anymore, but I know that the green pot still has the most number of seeds. So it is not surprising to see the green pot sprouts first.
Two successful germination
The purple pot is intentionally filled with less dirt to see how the seeds strive in thinner dirt. The other pots doesn't specifically have any special condition, as far as I know.

After closer examination, I saw that the pink pot showed activity as well.
Barely visible activity
The rest doesn't seem to have any changes as of now.
 
From this I learnt that nature is amazing. The seeds are buried under layers of dirt, yet they manage to push through and sprout so gracefully. We as human could certainly learn something from nature: the will to survive no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.