Friday, November 09, 2007

How Long Has It Been

A poem for her.
How long has it been, Since the last time you contacted me? Since the last time I explained to you? Since the last time we got so mad at each other? The answer, it seems, Very clear, like the sky. Yet, I still think I don't know, The truth I've been chasing all along. Somehow, I feel like you were just kidding, That the true answer is not what it seems to be. Hence, I've been waiting, Waiting for you to call me. Waiting to be free... Days gone by, and I still don't know why Why you don't mind me anymore; Why you just leave all the problems behind; Although I know it all along, That the problem lies within me. How long has it been, Since the last time we talked? I still remember, How we used to be friends, How we used to be avoiding each other, Each time we meet eye to eye. But now, those things have become history. No more like friends; No more avoiding each other; Instead, We act like we don't even know each other; We act like we have never met before; We act like strangers; Friends? No more... Just want to remind you, How long has it been? Now the answer is one month, But soon it will be two, And keep adding up. I know, you won't even know I wrote this, But I just can't stand it anymore. Maybe you were right. Maybe we should get back to what we were like; Maybe it's best we continue to be like this; And hope that we can forget those memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.