I'd been feeling down lately. Because I was still haunted by that incident. You saw me, looking like a dead body. I saw you, surprised at what you see. When I saw you cute bubbly face, For the first time since a long time ago, I smiled unknowingly, you know? Without any obvious reasons, though. When I went shopping with you, For the first time in my life, I didn't know what I was going through, And I know it may be a big disappointment for you. Remember that time when you were gone To a place outside of the town? For the first time I felt very alone. Like I said before, strange as it may sound. Time flies so fast when you're having fun, We lost contact for about 6 months. I always thought you'd long forgotten me. I thought wrong, it seemed. That day we went to watch movie For the first time I feel happy. It's been a long time Since I last smiled, So happily, I grinned from ear to ear, You could just wish My face would stuck like that forever! The first time I saw you through webcam, Once again, the feeling of happiness came. Do you realize the picture of your bubbly face Came in just about the right time? Because your face was like an antidote A cure for those troubles I've been thinking of. Because of you, I'm feeling alive. Because of you, I'm living my life All over again, for the first time. You suggested I change a theme, And now I've written, accordingly. This may not be as good as it may seems, But this one is for you, Shir Ley.
Monday, November 19, 2007
First Time
A poem partly inspired by a song by Lifehouse of the same title.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.