Monday, November 12, 2007

Do You Know

A poem inspired by a song by Enrique Iglesias of the same title.
Do you know what it feels like? To avoid you every time I see you, Given that I can meet you every time I go to school? I don't dare to make eye contact with you, Nor I have the gut to talk to you. Friends have been making fun of me, But I just laugh along and try to ignore it. It's just that they just haven't realize that, The friendship between us has almost severed. You never want to contact me anymore, do you? No calls like last time, no SMS like what we used to do. I have always wanted to ask you, How's life after what we've been through? Do you know what it feels like? Trying to ignore what my friends have been saying, Pretending that nothing has ever happened between you and me? But somehow, I have to keep on pretending, For the sake of you and me. I don't look at you anymore. Happy, sad, angry or laughing, I don't know. You told me to leave you alone, And without protesting, I will try to play along. How's life nowadays? Still feeling down like you told me that day? Or are you feeling happier now when I'm away? Or have you found a better way? Or are you thinking everyday? Just like me? There's so much I wanted to say. I just can't explain it in a simpler way. I've been thinking, even while I'm having fun, How can I make amends for what I've done? Do you know what it feels like? To have a relationship between us, That ends with both of us behave like strangers? Do you know what it feels like? To change from friends to strangers, All because of a simple act of foolishness? Do you know what it feels like? Of being me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.