Thursday, October 20, 2011

OCD Virgo

I used to think I am a perfectionist. They say this is a special trait of a Virgo, aside from being very sensitive about hygiene. The reason I think I am a perfectionist is because I tend to do things over and over again to get the most perfect result. One very good example is playing a city simulation game called SimCity. Whenever I feel that the city is doomed to expand even only after just merely 50 in-game years, I will obliterate the whole city and rebuild it. And rebuild it. And rebuild it.

I have gone through a lot of different city designs, always looking for the best symmetry, the tidiest city possible. This is probably the best example of my perfectionism. Other examples include arranging notes to the tidiest possible, trying to keep a book from being dog-eared, and so on.

That was until someone during my Taylor's University years noticed it.
"You're OCD, is it?"
"I guess so." *laugh*
So the proper name for my behaviour should be called obsessive compulsive disorder, and not perfectionism.


And I am not hating it. That is what makes me special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.