Apart from visual updates, of course. :D
I remember on 1st January, I heard something on the radio. The deejays were discussing about long- and short-term resolution. It is a very common thing to hear someone says, "My new year resolutions are...", or "This year I'm going to...". These are examples of long-term goal; you made yourself a promise to lose weight in this whole year. One of the deejays argues that this long-term goal will not do you any good as you will not be motivated to do the same thing the whole year. Come to think of it, how many times have we heard other people ranting about unachieved resolution at the end of the year? "Oh ya, I told myself to lose weight this year, but in the end it's the other way around."
Short-term goals, on the other hand, are little achievement we accumulate throughout the year. I set myself a target this month, a target of getting a good result. Then I will be motivated to work towards it and achieve it at the end of the day. Personally I think this is a better way to set goals rather than planning way ahead in the beginning of the year. The short-term deejay made this good point here.
In Chinese, there is a saying that goes, "Plans will never beat changes." Whatever we planned ahead may have a chance of something changes. Someone planned to lose weight, but his lifestyle changed some day in the future. Suddenly food price dropped, and food came into his life like ants converging towards a candy. Or someone planned to travel overseas, but on that day he had something important to do. These scenarios are way too common.
So I will be setting myself some short-term New Year Resolutions instead. And here is the list, unsorted:
- Get a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of higher than 3.20 (Currently at 3.00)
- Complete the application of credit transfer to RMIT or QUT (80% done)
- Get fat (again)
- Do well in the coming final exams (Before Chinese New Year. Argh!)
- Stay healthy (seriously)
Staying healthy will be my top priority. Ever since I moved into university life, my lifestyle changes drastically. Now I do not have my meals regularly. I drink less water. I seldom eat breakfast, due to my laziness to prepare. I seldom exercise, because either there is no partner to play with or no time. I skipped dinner a few times. And I keep having this unrecoverable flu and sore throat and cough. The CGPA goal will be the second priority.
And how does a New Year be completed without a wish list? :P
- XBox360 or PS3 (Optional)
- Digital video camera (Yeah!)
- New RC Helicopter (Big Lama is down)
A rather short one because I do not want to request too much. I wanted the video camera quite a long time before already. It must be fun to go around record what I see everyday, taking a "montage" to the next level. ^^
Hope my wishes can be fulfilled, at least one. :)
You can use your digital camera as a video camera isn't it? They are the same thing anyway - these days video cameras can take photos and digital cameras can take videos.
ReplyDeleteyea, quite right, but videocam would be better in taking videos and good pictures too :D
ReplyDelete