Wednesday, September 12, 2007

To me...

This poem is dedicated to (L-R) Hooi Pheng, Pei Sun, Chee Huan, and Hwoi Leng.


To me...
Year 2007 is a big turning point,
Because that's when I changed my viewpoint;
That's when I changed my personality,
Almost completely.

I didn't turn at the point just like that,
But it was my friends who gave a push at my back.

But bear in mind,
This is not a poem about me,
Or how I changed my individuality;
It is a poem about 4 "special" friends,
Who walked into my life and made me change.

To me...
One of them is actually my primary schoolmate,
Who took a very long time to recognize my face;
Her name is Hooi Pheng,
And I knew her the moment she talked to my friend.

To me...
She is a polite girl,
Who still possess the qualities she once had;
Albeit she is a little taller than others,
That doesn't stop her from making new pals.
Although sometimes she can be quite serious,
I know that, deep inside her, she is not furious.

To me...
The second person is,
The one to who took the initiatives;
She is the first one to mix with us,
And THAT had actually help me unlocked my "inner prison".

To me...
She is the most playful among the four,
And probably the most talkative among them all;
Her name is Chee Huan, but people call her "purple ring",
'coz that's what her name literally means.
She may be playful and talkative,
But all in all, she makes a good buddy.

To me...
She looked very familiar when I first saw her face,
It's like I had met her before, sometime, someplace;
We, in fact, became close after a "disaster",
Of which I accidentally drank her water bottle.

To me...
Her name is actually Pei Sun,
And it's uncannily the same as an old friend of mine;
Same in Chinese words, but differ in alphabets,
Of which always reminds me of the old friend that I have yet to contact.
However, this doesn't stop us from being buddy,
And our relationship improves, slowly but surely.

To me...
She may have given me an awful first impression,
But sometimes I feel sympathetic for her.
Despite people always tease her, despise her,
She bears them no grudges.

To me...
She is like me in the past, people always brush her aside,
But I do believe, though, if we give her more time,
She will slowly start to change, start to realise,
Just like what I have been doing all the time.
Friends may be calling her nicknames,
Please be considerate, people, Hwoi Leng is her real name.

To me...
Four of them can be considered as my good friends,
Albeit each of them is a little bit atypical.
But remember, people,
Not all human are perfect.

To them...
I may be the same person;
To me...
I have become a better human.
To them...
This may be an ordinary poem;
But to me...
It's my gratitude to them!

Thanks to them,
My life is colourful!

What do you think about my poem? Do write a comment please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.