Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weak willpower or weak body?

It has been 15 days since I landed in Australia and it has also been 15 days since I fell sick.

The day I flew to Australia, I was already not feeling well with sore throat. The flight only made it worse because I could not rest on the plane. When I arrived, the cold winter here made it even worse. Soon after that, I catch a cold, sneezing every few minutes. My brother said it was cold/flu season here. Guess I was not very lucky.

Then I got some kind of skin allergy. I don't know the cause because it was the first time I had such a severe skin allergy with itchy rashes all over the body. It could be due to the dirty mattress. It has to be, as there is no other reason.

Fast forward, I went through another flu, cough, cold, mild fever after the allergy. Then I realized something.

It always took me longer time to recover from sickness. Is it because of my weak willpower to believe that I can get through the illness? Or, more logically, my body is so weak that it took more time to recover? At first sight, I do not look like a healthy person, even though I once led a healthy lifestyle of playing sports every week.

I would go for the second reason since it is more logical. Time to get some rest.

Blogged from mobile

1 comment:

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.