Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Next stop: Jalan Pasar

From the first few days of lectures, I'd heard my Circuits lecturer talking about Jalan Pasar. Apparently it's a popular street among the locals and definitely the haven for us electrical engineers. Its other name is Teen Chee Kai (roughly translated as Electronics Street in Cantonese).

After about 30 minutes of Googling, I've finally found this haven. :)

From a blog I've read, Jalan Pasar is like a normal pasar malam, except that it is not limited to just evening, I think. And you won't be able to find fried kuey tiao or bee hoon or nasi lemak or char kuey or sate or otak-otak, because Jalan Pasar mostly sells electronic devices like transistors, logic gates, and anything that can put on a circuit board. Apparently, there are stalls selling rabbits, fishes, guinea pigs and the like. So it is definitely a place where I want to go next, considering that I want to find some electronic components for my project AND of course, guinea pigs! Haha~

I will plan for a few days and see how to get there (by my trusted Google Map, of course). Hopefully I won't get lost again... :P

Edit: By the look at it, Jalan Pasar is like on the other side of Kuala Lumpur! Looks like I have a lot of travel to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comment at your own risk.